101 Belvedere Ave.
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE CANADA C1A 7N8
Tel: (902) 368-5548 Fax: (902) 368-5549
Toll free: 1-877-368-5548
Established in 1987 as the PEI Food Technology Centre, BIO|FOOD|TECH is a confidential, contract research, processing and analytical services company located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. We provide many specialized services to companies and entrepreneurs in both the food and bioprocessing sectors. Our professional team is made up of food and bioprocessing scientists, microbiologists, technologists and support staff.
BIO|FOOD|TECH provides professional technical services to the food and bioprocessing industries from CONCEPT to PILOT to MARKET through three integrated business divisions: Food Technology, Bioscience Technology and Lab Services.
From concept to commercialization, and everything in between, BioFoodTech will take products through every stage of development. Along the way, we’ll provide scale-up, quality and safety testing, sensory analysis, packaging, and just about everything else you need.
Food Technology: BIO|FOOD|TECH maintains a food industry leadership role by adapting to changes in raw materials and processing technologies. Besides new product and process development, the Food Technology division also provides integrated services such as shelf-life studies, processing equipment rental, pilot plant rental, equipment assessments, and private innovation workshops for clients.
Bioscience Technology: BIO|FOOD|TECH is a contract provider of lab and pilot plant-scale fermentation, extraction, isolation and purification services for bioactives used in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, nutraceuticals, food products and animal health. Our Bioscience Technology division helps minimize process optimization costs and will help bridge the gap between discoveries and full-scale commercialization.
Lab Services: On-site accredited microbial analysis to support companies' food safety systems, in-plant support and troubleshooting. On–site nutrition label service for both Canadian and United States labels. Lab Services also delivers food safety training workshops.
- Natural products processing (5000 sq feet laboratory and two processing suites)
- Two Pilot plants (1200 & 600 sq feet) - can be connected into one continuous plant)
- Leasing, Incubation and Co-packing options
- CFIA registered pilot plant (QMP, HACCP)
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Standards Council of Canada accredited laboratories
- Certified for Organic production
How we work with industry
- Provide consulting and contract fee-based services
- Rent facilities and equipment (term based)
- Help companies to access funding support to offset R&D costs: prepar project proposals, describing eligible activities and costs; direct companies to possible funding programs; support application process
- NRC - IRAP (industrial research assistance program)
- BioTech Food Fund
# staff/technical staff
Manager: Ed Charter, Tel. 902-368-5912; Email: email@example.com
Partnerships & Collaborations