118 Veterinary Road
CANADA S7N 2R4
Phone: (306) 978-2800
Fax: (306) 975-3766
POS Pilot Plant is a confidential contract research, toll processing, and analytical services organization located in Saskatoon, Canada. POS specializes in extraction, fractionation, purification and modification of bio-based materials. POS conducts a wide range of confidential, applied R&D projects relating to bioprocessing industries such as food ingredients, nutraceuticals, biofuels, functional foods, skin care, industrial bioproducts, agricultural biotechnology, forestry, marine, and more. The 54,000 sq. ft. facility is comprised of 5 pilot plant processing areas, 11 laboratories, warehousing and quarantine areas, library, client rooms and administrative areas.
- Process & product development
- Providing services to determine technical feasibility, economic feasibility and to successfully scale-up your process.
- We help you create value from bio-materials derived from the earth’s prairies, forests, oceans, and deserts.
- Toll Processing/Small scale specialty manufacturing
- You can reduce your risk by outsourcing your manufacturing; accelerating market entry and reaping the benefits of early sales.
- Our comprehensive resources, cGMP systems, and experienced staff will help you manufacture product without capital outlay – whether as an interim measure or as a longer-term solution. After processing, ship your product to destinations around the globe with the help of our in-house logistics and materials handling support staff.
- Analytical services
- Our analytical laboratories provide a full range of routine analyses using accredited, accepted methodologies. Pilot plant projects benefit from convenient, integrated analytical support. Lab scale projects receive the same high quality customized services and fast turn around time.
- Get accurate, timely feedback with in-house accredited analytical services, real-time process analyses, and specialized scientists & technicians.
- 5 dedicated pilot plant processing areas for primary, solvent, oils and secondary processing.
- 11 fully equipped laboratories carrying out a wide variety of bioprocessing operations.
- An enormous selection of processing equipment
- Warehouse with quarantine area, coolers, freezers, flammable pallet storage
- Four functional client rooms with modem hook-ups, direct telephone lines, work areas
ISO 9001:2000 compliant
Health Canada NHP Site License for manufacturing natural health products
CFIA Site License for processing fish and marine oil with approval to export to the EU
Utilize HACCP and traceability systems